Treyarch has detailed what fans can expect from the mid-season update and released the full patch notes for yesterday’s Black Ops Cold War patch.
For Jan. 7, three new playlists and modes have been added to multiplayer, on top of bug fixes. First off is a brand-new playlist, called Raid + Crossroads Strike 24/7, which’ll see you play exclusively on the two small, close-quarters focused maps.
Then, you’ll now also be able to play two new modes: Gunfight Blueprints and Dirty Bomb Duos, the first seeing you play 2v2 with randomized loadout blueprints and the latter seeing ten teams of two race to “collect uranium stockpiles and detonate more dirty bombs than the competition.”
Looking forward, the mid-season update is due to come to Black Ops Cold War on Jan. 14. First of all, it will introduce a “massive new Fireteam map” called Sanatorium, and multiplayer will see the debut of Dropkick, a new mode that sees two teams of six fight for control of nuclear codes.
Elsewhere, in Zombies, a new Cranked mode will join the chaos, where “every zombie killed resets the timer counting down to your demise.” If you want to check out all the patch notes for the recent update, you can check out Treyarch’s post. It also has all the information you’ll need about the so-called DMR nerf that recently came to Warzone.
That’s all that’s been revealed so far for the mid-season update for Black Ops Cold War, and nothing has been revealed so far for Warzone. If and when anything is revealed, we’ll be sure to update you.
You can jump into the new Black Ops Cold War content next week, on Jan. 14.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Warzone Adds New Weapons, Events, and More for Season 3
- You Can Play Black Ops Cold War’s New Zombies Mode, Outbreak, a Day Early
- Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 2 Content Fully Detailed
- Black Ops Cold War Season Two Intro Cinematic Teases New Operator & Weapons
- Firebase Z Arrives in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War’s New Patch, Along With Other Tweaks