Something that’s important in pretty much every RPG game is a new game plus mode, which lets you run through the story once more with everything you unlocked the first time. Since there’s so much to see in Cyberpunk 2077, much of which you won’t see the first time round, it’d be very welcome. So that you can jump back in to catch what you’ve missed, here’s everything you need to know about whether there is new game plus in Cyberpunk 2077.
CD Projekt Red has included new game plus in their titles before. The Witcher 3 didn’t ship with the feature at launch, but it did get added in for free at a later date, allowing you to use your fully levelled up Geralt in a new run through of the story.
Is There New Game Plus in Cyberpunk 2077?
As far as we can tell, the case is going to be the same for Cyberpunk 2077 as it was for The Witcher 3. As of the game’s release and the time of this guide’s writing, there isn’t a new game plus in Cyberpunk 2077.
However, it’s likely that it’ll come to the game sometime soon, potentially alongside the next-gen upgrades whenever they arrive.
Back in 2019, translated quotes from Polish gaming magazine PSX Extreme that appeared on Reddit confirmed that CDPR were working on it and it was a planned feature.
There aren’t any official quotes and they haven’t said anything about Cyberpunk 2077’s new game plus feature since, so you might have to take the information with a grain of salt, but we wouldn’t be shocked at all if it’s true.
If more news comes out about it, we’ll be sure to update you, so be sure to check back with us.
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 Fixes Common Bugs & Improves Stability
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Expect Next-Gen Version to Influence Atmosphere About the Game; More Details Shared
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13.7 Million Copies in 2020; CD Projekt Announces Financial Results
- Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21 Improves Stability & Fixes Progression-Blocking Bugs
- 10 Most Important Changes To Cyberpunk 2077 in Patch 1.2