Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War entered its first season of new content with an update adding more maps, modes, and weapons.
The Season One update added several new maps across its multiplayer modes. The 6v6 modes will receive 1980’s New Jersey mall The Pines, Raid from Black Ops II, and a holiday variant of Nuketown ’84.
The 2v2 Gunfight mode from Modern Warfare returns to Black Ops Cold War with four new maps: Game Show, ICBM, U-Bahn, and KGB. The hide-and-seek Prop Hunt game mode also returns, and both modes and maps are included in featured playlists.
The Zombies mode received a new holiday mode called “Jingle Hells,” which features “holiday-themed enemies, wintery decorations, snowballs that freeze zombies, stocking power-ups, presents that can be harvested from frozen enemies, and special surprises waiting inside the snowmen.”
Black Ops Cold War players can also earn two new weapons, the Mac-10 SMG and Groza assault rifle, by reaching tier 15 and tier 31 in the free track of the Season One battle pass.
Check out all the new changes to weapons and modes from the update in the official patch notes. Call of Duty: Warzone also received a Season One update with a new battle royale map and 29 Black Ops Cold War weapons.
Season One of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War begins today, Dec. 16 for PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox One.
- NPD December: Call of Duty: Black Ops: Cold War Ends 2020 as Best-Selling Game; PS5 Sales Remain Positive
- New Zombies Map Announced Early for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Offers Free Zombies For Limited Time
- SuperData: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Tops 2020’s Highest-Earning Premium Digital Games
- Call of Duty: Mobile Enjoys Explosive First Week in China, Earning $14 Million