Today Take-Two Interactive Software announced some impressive new shipment figures for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto V during its quarterly financial conference call for investors and analysts.
During the call, we hear that Grand Theft Auto V “continues to grow its audience,” with the title surpassing 135 million units sold. Also, consumer spending on GTA Online outperformed Take-Two’s second-quarter forecast.
Red Dead Redemption 2 also outperformed and has sold over 34 million units worldwide. Net bookings from Red Dead 2 grew “an outstanding 124%, including 106% growth in full game sales.
There was also a growth of 47% growth of new players.
We also hear once again that GTA Online and Red Dead Online will continue to be supported to keep new and returning players “excited and engaged.”
You can read our Red Dead Redemption 2 review here if you want to find out why it sold so well.
If you’re interested in Take-Two’s financial performance for the second quarter of their fiscal year 2021, you can read our dedicated article from earlier today.
- PGA Tour 2K21 Shipped Around 2 Million Units; Take-Two Teases Future of the Franchise “For Many Years”
- Half of GTA Cayo Perico Users Played It as Single-Player Experience; Take-Two Comments on Seeking Perfection
- Take-Two Teases Unannounced Games by Gearbox; Will Continue to Publish Borderlands Franchise
- Take-Two Boasts “Incredibly Strong Holiday Season” as It Announces Better-Than-Expected Financial Results
- Take-Two CEO Digs Into Reasoning Behind Next-Gen Price Changes