Today Take-Two Interactive Software announced some impressive new shipment figures for Red Dead Redemption 2 and Grand Theft Auto V during its quarterly financial conference call for investors and analysts.
During the call, we hear that Grand Theft Auto V “continues to grow its audience,” with the title surpassing 135 million units sold. Also, consumer spending on GTA Online outperformed Take-Two’s second-quarter forecast.
Red Dead Redemption 2 also outperformed and has sold over 34 million units worldwide. Net bookings from Red Dead 2 grew “an outstanding 124%, including 106% growth in full game sales.
There was also a growth of 47% growth of new players.
We also hear once again that GTA Online and Red Dead Online will continue to be supported to keep new and returning players “excited and engaged.”
You can read our Red Dead Redemption 2 review here if you want to find out why it sold so well.
If you’re interested in Take-Two’s financial performance for the second quarter of their fiscal year 2021, you can read our dedicated article from earlier today.
- Take-Two CEO Digs Into Reasoning Behind Next-Gen Price Changes
- Take-Two CEO “Highly Skeptical” of Gaming Subscription Business Model Viability
- Take-Two’s Studios Doing “Very, Very Well” While Working From Home; All New Releases “on Target”
- Take-Two Announces “Strong” Performance in Q2 Financial Results
- Best Take-Two Games to Play Right Now