While the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S have been in short supply since releasing earlier this month, Cyberpunk 2077 will be backward-compatible with the new consoles.
Players who pick up a new console after the game launches on Dec. 10 will be able to transfer their PlayStation 4 or Xbox One save and continue their game progress on the new system, provided that it is within the same console family.
For Xbox One players, Smart Delivery on Xbox Series X|S will transfer progress with save data already uploaded to the cloud. Players can also transfer their save by connecting their old and new consoles to the same network and using the system network transfer option.
PlayStation 4 players will have three ways to transfer their save files to the PlayStation 5. PlayStation Plus members can upload their saves to the cloud, copy it from one console to another through LAN cable or Wi-Fi, or use a physical USB hard drive to move the PS4 save to the same account on PS5.
Cyberpunk 2077 will be launching for PC, Google Stadia, PS4, and Xbox One on Dec. 10. The game will receive a free update that will optimize it for next-gen consoles, but is expected sometime next year.
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 Fixes Common Bugs & Improves Stability
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Expect Next-Gen Version to Influence Atmosphere About the Game; More Details Shared
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13.7 Million Copies in 2020; CD Projekt Announces Financial Results
- Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21 Improves Stability & Fixes Progression-Blocking Bugs
- 10 Most Important Changes To Cyberpunk 2077 in Patch 1.2