A Super Mario Sunshine fan has recreated the iconic Delfino Plaza by using the park editor feature in Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater.
Gunderstank16 posted a video of the custom map on the Super Mario Sunshine subreddit early this morning and it’s quite impressive how they managed to capture the essence of the sun-soaked tropical area.
Now of course it’s not a 1:1 remake of the plaza but it comes pretty close. Gunderstank apparently spent around 3-4 days working on this creation and they plan on creating even more Mario-themed maps if enough people like and share the video.
You can check out some gameplay of the Delfino Plaza area down below via Ian’s YouTube channel. They even threw in a Mario costume and the Delfino Plaza theme music in the background to make the entire thing even more authentic.
Please give it a like so they can recreate even more Super Mario Sunshine stages.
For more on Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2, you can check out some of our coverage down below. We also have a review for the recent Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection that released on Switch last month.
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2: How to Unlock All Secret Skaters (2020)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2: How to Do Specials (2020)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2: How to Drain The Fountain in Philadelphia
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2: How to Manual (2020)
- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1+2: How to Heelflip (2020)