Demon’s Souls is one of PS5’s hallmark exclusive launch titles, and it looked absolutely brilliant in its debut showcase back in June. Today, those who plan on picking up a copy have a second, more extensive new trailer to gawp at, which highlights its graphical beauty and tactile gameplay in even greater detail.
The sequence shows the Slayer of Demons battle two of the game’s iconic bosses: the Armored Spider, and the Flamelurker. The visuals really are top-notch, and you can tell a lot of work has gone into modernizing the gameplay into a more fluid and streamlined experience to control.
Notably, a Polygon article today featured comments from the game’s creative director, Gavin Moore, who explained:
“We did two different modes in the game: cinematic mode which is a native 4K, which looks stunning, at 30 frames per second; and performance mode, so you can play a dynamic 4K at 60 frames per second. That is going to give you smoother animation is going to give you a little of that edge [in combat].”
For the uninitiated, Demon’s Souls was originally released exclusively on PlayStation 3 back in February of 2009. It was met with generally positive reviews by critics and players alike, with many citing its gameplay design, aesthetic, and multiplayer as highly engrossing.
It maintained a cult following in the years after its release, even beyond the launch of developer FromSoftware’s follow-up series Dark Souls.
The PS5 remake of the game is being developed by Bluepoint Games, the team behind the excellent Shadow of the Colossus Remake.
For more on the game, information about its Digital Deluxe version was revealed by PlayStation.
- Ubisoft Dates Immortals Fenyx Rising the Lost Gods DLC
- Chivalry II For PS5, Xbox Series X|S, & More Gets New Trailer Showing Map & More Medieval Butchery
- Sea of Stars Gets Lots of Gameplay Showing Moorlands on Sleeper Island
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Ottawa International Airport Released; Moscow & Okegawa Get New Screenshots
- Scarlet Nexus Gets Lots of Screenshots & Videos Showing Characters, Powers, Costumes, & More