In a surprise Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase that was released today, Nintendo confirmed that a Cloud Edition of Hitman 3 will be coming to Nintendo Switch soon.
It will mark the first time that IO Interactive’s Hitman series has come to Nintendo’s hybrid console, but it comes with some strings attached, as all Cloud Edition’s do.
To play Hitman 3, you’ll need to have “a persistent high-speed internet connection” and it will kick you from the game if your connection drops. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey was the first Switch game to arrive as a Cloud version, and Hitman 3 will work in the same way.
The trailer shown during the Partner Showcase video, which was a slightly altered version of the original Hitman 3 reveal trailer, didn’t include a concrete release date for the Switch version, with the closing shot simply stating that it was “coming to Nintendo Switch.”
The Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC versions are due to release on Jan. 20, 2021, but that’s not been confirmed for the Switch’s Cloud Edition.
- Agent 47 Is Taking a “Bit of a Rest” After Hitman 3, Says IO Interactive
- Hitman 3 Starter Pack With Limited Access To Dubai Map Out Today
- Hitman 3 Gets New Trailer Teasing 7 Deadly Sins DLC Series’ First Episode
- Square Enix Announces Mobile Titles For Just Cause, Hitman, & Space Invaders
- Hitman 3 Gets New Trailer Detailing March Content Roadmap