In a surprise Nintendo Direct Mini: Partner Showcase that was released today, Nintendo confirmed that a Cloud Edition of Hitman 3 will be coming to Nintendo Switch soon.
It will mark the first time that IO Interactive’s Hitman series has come to Nintendo’s hybrid console, but it comes with some strings attached, as all Cloud Edition’s do.
To play Hitman 3, you’ll need to have “a persistent high-speed internet connection” and it will kick you from the game if your connection drops. Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey was the first Switch game to arrive as a Cloud version, and Hitman 3 will work in the same way.
The trailer shown during the Partner Showcase video, which was a slightly altered version of the original Hitman 3 reveal trailer, didn’t include a concrete release date for the Switch version, with the closing shot simply stating that it was “coming to Nintendo Switch.”
The Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC versions are due to release on Jan. 20, 2021, but that’s not been confirmed for the Switch’s Cloud Edition.
- IO Reveals New Hitman 3 Chongqing Location, Talks Next-Gen Enhancements
- Watch Dogs Legion: Where to Find John Wick (Professional Hitman)
- Hitman Free on Epic Games Store; Into The Breach Next Week
- Hitman 3 Release Date Set For Early 2021; Next-Gen Upgrade Is Free
- Hitman 3 To Launch on PC as an Epic Games Store Exclusive