Key developers behind the acclaimed real-time strategy games, StarCraft 2 and WarCraft 3, are forming a new game development team known as Frost Giant Studios. The team is being formed to create “the next great PC RTS game” and, if you’re interested, they are hiring.
That’s… just about all we know as far as what the studio is working on at the moment. Today was clearly just about announcing the Frost Giant Studios as a thing that exists and there’s no look into what they are working on just yet.
However, who is working at the studio is another story. Frost Giant Studios’ website gives us a look at who the key team members are, and it’s quite the crew if you’re a fan of StarCraft 2 and WarCraft 3.
That’s hefty mix of big names from not only StarCraft 2 and WarCraft 3, but other titles as well including Wasteland 3 and, interestingly, Diablo 4.
Oddly enough, shortly before this post went live, the website for Frost Giant Studios crashed. So it may be a little bit before you can peruse for yourself, but I’d imagine it’s resolved shortly.
The timing of the announcement falls only a few days after Blizzard announced plans to cease paid-content development for StarCraft 2 in a move that many fans in the community have perceived as the first step towards winding the now decade-plus old game down.
- 18-Year-Old Italian Zerg, Riccardo “Reynor” Romiti, is the 2020/2021 StarCraft 2 World Champion
- Blizzard Ceasing New Paid StarCraft 2 Content; Looking Instead Towards Future of StarCraft
- Dark Wins the StarCraft 2 2019 Global Finals
- Classic Villain Arcturus Mengsk is the Next StarCraft 2 Co-op Commander
- Serral Becomes First Non-Korean Starcraft 2 WCS Champion at Blizzcon