Bugsnax has officially received a release date, and it has a new voice cast-focused video to celebrate the occasion with.
In a post made to the official PlayStation Blog on Oct. 8, it was revealed that the game would release on Nov. 12 alongside the bevy of PlayStation 5 luanch titles. The game will be available on PS5, PS4 and PC, and is priced at $24.99 according to a press release sent out alongside the announcement.
Also included in the post was a detailed breakdown of the game’s vocal talents and how they were selected. Kevin Zuhn, the creative director at Bugsnax’s developer Young Horses, detailed the recording process for the game’s characters and dialogue, explaining that the game saw a much larger outpouring of interest from the voice acting community, and ended up bringing in both experienced and fresh talents alike.
“It took a lot of restraint not to geek out around so many industry icons gathered into one place!” Zuhn said. “And speaking of, we managed to put them all in a room together for some ensemble recordings (pre-pandemic, thankfully). It turns out this is pretty uncommon for games to do, especially with a cast this large. But that’s one way our naivete can be a strength, because seeing them all play off of each other’s energy was wonderful.”
This energy proved to be a driving force in the performances of the cast, and tied into the overall tone of the game Young Horses was going for.
“I think this sort of collaborative atmosphere really brings home the idea that, however absurd things are, the residents of Snacktooth are a community. As you explore the world of Bugsnax, you’ll meet and befriend these colorful characters, and learn just what it is they’re looking for on Snacktooth Island.”
The full blog post can be found here. Likewise, a full list the actors featured in the game, and a video showing them all in action, can be found down below.
- Wambus Troubleham – Fred Tatasciore
- Wiggle Bigglebottom – Kenna Ramsey
- Chandlo Funkbun – Yuri Lowenthal
- Filbo Fiddlepie – Max Mittelman
- Gramble Gigglefunny – Sam Riegel
- Shelda Smellywag – Debra Wilson
- Floofty Fizzlebean – Casey Mongillo
- Eggabell Batternugget – Fryda Wolff
- Beffica Winklesnoot – Cassandra Lee Morris
- Snorpy Fizzlebean – Roger Craig Smith
- Cromdo Face – Rick Zieff
- Clumby Clumbernut – Barbara Goodson
- Elizabert Megafig – Helen Sadler
- Triffany Lottablog – Haviland Stillwell
- Banopper & More – Julie Nathanson
- Buffalocust & More – Robbie Daymond
- Bunger & More – Tom Taylorson
- Cheepoof & More – Courtenay Taylor
- Cheeser & More – Christina Vee
- Hunnabee & More – Abby Trott
- Razzby & More – Jeannie Tirado
- Shiskabug & More – Todd Haberkorn
- Scoopy Banoopy & More – Michael Schwalbe
Bugsnax is currently slated for release on Playstation 4, PlayStation 5 and PC on Nov. 12. For more on the game, check out another recently released video covering its gameplay.