And it’s not just another shotgun blast of haphazardly selected Sonic merchandise. Sega went all out here by getting numerous big-name companies on board to help put together pieces of merchandise that Sonic the Hedgehog fans will be proud to own.
In total, Sega of America announced eight different types of Sonic merchandise that will be coming in 2021. The list includes a hardcover Sonic the Hedgehog encyclopedia made by dark horse comics, brand-new designs of Sonic Pop! vinyl figures, and other toys and collectible figures from Jakks Pacific.
On top of that, there’s also jewelry from King Ice on the way, clothing by Graph Gaming, enamel pins from FiGPiN, and energy drinks from G Fuel. And if you loved the old Sonic comic books, then you’re in luck. IDW Publishing is bringing back the classic comic series for a limited time.
Better yet, they’ll also be launching a new Sonic miniseries comic at the same time in both English and Spanish. There will be something for every kind of Sonic the Hedgehog fan out there and it’ll all be coming out next year.
Here’s a quick list to break down all the merch:
- Sonic Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Comics)
- Pop! Figures (Funko)
- Toys & Collectibles (Jakks Pacific)
- Jewelry (King Ice)
- Clothing (Graph Gaming)
- Comic Book Series (IDW Publishing)
- Enamel Pins (FiGPiN)
- Energy Drinks (G Fuel)
And this is only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to Sega’s plans to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the fastest hedgehog around. More details about the other plans will come in later announcements. But you can be sure that we’ll get you all the details as soon as they become available.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 Is Set for a 2022 Theatrical Release
- New Netflix Sonic the Hedgehog Animated Series Announced; NX Pulls Tweet Shortly After
- Sonic the Hedgehog Dashes His Way Into Fall Guys
- New Ninjala Dev Diary Dives Into Sonic the Hedgehog Collab Content
- Ninjala Is Getting a Sonic the Hedgehog Collaboration; New Dev Diary Dives Into Season 2