It’s only three weeks until the end of the first season of Fall Guys, but Mediatonic has revealed that another mid-season update is releasing today.
The main feature is how existing levels will now change, seeing new obstacles being thrown at you every now and again. A PlayStation Blog post from Anthony Pepper, Senior Designer at Mediatonic, said the following about the alterations:
“With this latest patch, you will quickly start to see that all is not what it seems in The Blunderdome. Familiar favourites will have to be tackled in all new ways, with the addition of dozens of obstacles, dizzyingly random rotations and of course, plenty of tumbling fruit. And what’s more, players will have no idea when these changes will occur — no bean’s dignity shall be spared!”
The other big addition is the long awaited debut of Big Yeetus, which is a big hammer that’ll interrupt players in the middle of a level. It can launch struggling players to the front of the pack or fling them off the stage entierly.
The Fall Guys Twitter account has been teasing it for a few weeks and it will finally arrive as part of today’s update.
The other changes coming in the patch are:
- Our new anti-cheating system for PC is now in!
- Added ability to bind game actions to mouse buttons
- Improved stability when creating parties on PS4
- Improved stability when progressing from one round to another, there should be less disconnections in the qualification screen and round loading now.
- Bug fixes in levels, spectator mode and improved resilience when network errors occur.
- Fall Ball timer down to 120 seconds from 150
- Lowered Min Player Counts for some levels to increase round variety
You can see a trailer for the mid-season Fall Guys patch down below and you’ll be able to download the update at some point today.
- SuperData: Fall Guys $185 Million PC Launch Biggest Since Overwatch
- Xbox One Games Like Fall Guys If You’re Looking for Something Similar
- 5 Ways That Fall Guys Can Keep Itself Relevant
- This Fan-Made Shrek Skin for Fall Guys Is Actually Perfect
- Fall Guys Season Two Details Revealed