Wargroove, the Advance Wars-styled turn-based strategy game, has launched its free Double Trouble expansion for PlayStation 4 alongside full cross-platform play.
The free expansion was released earlier this year for PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch and was scheduled to come to PlayStation 4 sometime after.
The Double Trouble expansion features:
- Brand new Co-Op Story Campaign (can be played couch co-op, online co-op or even solo)
- Three New Roguish Commanders
- Two New Units – Thieves & Riflemen!
- New Arcade missions
- Competitive online Quick Play maps
- Public and Private Multiplayer Lobbies
- New Volcano map theme and more updates to the custom Editor tools
- Outlaw music tracks, composed by PhoneticHero
- And more!
Developer Chucklefish also announced that Wargroove now has full cross-platform play between PlayStation 4 and the other platforms. That includes competitive and cooperative multiplayer games and sharing community-made maps between platforms.
“From the very early stages of development, we knew that playing Wargroove multiplayer was not only incredibly fun, but also a huge part of the game’s experience, which made supporting crossplay between all platforms a no-brainer for us,” studio Chucklefish said in the announcement.
The Double Trouble expansion is now available for free on PlayStation 4 as a separate download, while the base game is currently 50% in the PlayStation Store.