During the Future Games Show presentation today, Modus Games, Dreams Uncorporated, and Syck showed off a brand-new gameplay trailer for Cris Tales, an upcoming turn-based RPG coming to current and next-gen consoles.
It’s heavily inspired by JRPGs like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VI, Valkyrie Profile, and even some modern heavy-hitters, but what makes Cris Tales unique is its time-travel combat mechanic.
For example, you can splash water on an enemy who has a suit of armor and then send him forward in time to rust hid shield/armor, leaving him open for attack. But there’s also a chance that the enemy could become more powerful as an older warrior, so you have to strategize and think twice before changing time.
You can watch the latest trailer for Cris Tales right here via Modus Games’ YouTube channel:
Cris Tales is set to launch on Nov 17 for Switch, PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The turn-based RPG will also be coming to PS5 and Xbox Series X.
If you would like to find out more about Cris Tales, I attended a digital preview event earlier this summer and these were my closing thoughts from my impressions piece:
“I really enjoyed my time with Cris Tales and the game certainly seems impressive and I’m hopeful for its future. It absolutely wears its JRPG inspirations on its sleeve but it does just enough to make it stand out from the crowd. The gameplay is exciting and super unique, the environments are gorgeous, and the sidequests are actually meaningful.”
If you’re interested, there’s a demo available to download now on all platforms.
- Cris Tales Is a Stylish Love-Letter to Classic JRPGs Coming This Summer, New Trailer Reveals
- Cris Tales Collector’s Edition Up for Pre-Order; Comes With Plushie & Enamel Pin Set
- Cris Tales Gets New Gameplay Trailer, Delayed to Early 2021
- Cris Tales Is a Promising Modern Take on Chrono Trigger & Other Classic JRPGs (Preview)
- Cris Tales Gets New Cinematic Trailer; Launch Date & Next-Gen Console Ports Confirmed