Guerrilla Games’ Horizon Zero Dawn hasn’t had the smoothest of launches on PC. While the game looks absolutely stunning in brief flashes, the build isn’t particularly stable even on the high-end rigs. A number of players have aired their frustration over numerous crashes, bugs, and poor performance.
It’s a fact that the developer is keenly aware of and is seemingly hard at work attempting to resolve. That starts today with Patch 1.01, which issues a bunch of fixes and performance improvements.
Guerilla has acknowledged that this is only the first step, admitting that “some issues still need more investigation and testing.” Still, this at least gets the ball rolling in the right direction.
Shared over on Reddit today, here are the full patch notes for Horizon Zero Dawn version 1.01:
In addition to the issues identified previously, we’re working on a number of high-priority issues:
- Some players are experiencing startup crashes. Patch 1.01 fixes a few, but not all, of these crashes.
- Some players are experiencing GPU-related hangs during gameplay. The improved diagnostic data collection added in Patch 1.01 is aimed at making it easier to track these down.
- Some players are experiencing graphical settings issues, such as Anisotropic Filtering not working, 4K not displaying correctly, or HDR not working correctly.
- Some players are experiencing performance issues on specific GPUs or hardware combinations.
- We’re aware of and continue to investigate all issues in this list on Reddit as well. Thank you to u/EvilMonkeySlayer for compiling this for us.
- Fixed an issue where the game would crash if the SteamUI didn’t initialize properly on startup.
Functionality Issue Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Concentration and other slowdown mechanics wouldn’t work for everyone.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving the game. We are still investigating other saved game issues as well.
- Fixed an issue where Windows/Steam profile names containing special characters would prevent some players from saving screenshots in Photo Mode.
- Added improved diagnostic data collection when submitting a crash report.
- Fixed several backend issues.
- Fixed a video corruption issue for specific hardware. We’re continuing to look at other hardware configurations as well.