It’s time to take to the skies in the most realistic simulation game around, Microsoft Flight Simulator. The game lets you fly all over the world, exploring every inch of the planet in a multitude of different aircraft, even putting in some help if you aren’t the best pilot. Here is everything you need to know about how to change difficulty in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Flying in Microsoft Flight Simulator is so realistic that there is no doubt that even the most skilled gamers are going to have difficulty piloting aircrafts without help. While there aren’t difficulties per se, there is a way to turn on assistance in the options.
How to Change Difficulty in Microsoft Flight Simulator
To get to the assistance options in Microsoft Flight Simulator, click on Options in the Welcome Menu or ESC while in flight. Once here, you’ll see a section called “Assistance.”
Once inside the Assistance menu, you can select from a slew of different options to help you navigate with help. In total, there are 33 options across six categories: Piloting, Aircraft Systems, Failure & Damage, Navigation Aids, Notification, and User Experience.
Each area is pretty self-explanatory, and you can adjust them individually according to whatever you’re having problems with. Just like with real pilots, you’ll need to do a few check rides before you’ve got a feeling for what you need help with and what you don’t.
Once you’ve gotten a little help, you’ll be well on your way to being able to fly without training wheels in no time.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
How to change difficulty in Microsoft Flight Simulator:
- Click on Options in the Welcome Menu or ESC while in flight.
- Open the Assistance menu.
- Choose between 33 assistance options.
Options range between Piloting, Aircraft Systems, Failure & Damage, Navigation Aids, Notification, and User Experience.
That is everything you need to know about how to change difficulty in Microsoft Flight Simulator. If you’re still looking for more piloting help, or general coverage on the game, be sure to search the rest of Twinfinite for guides, FAQs, and news.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Hotfix Patch Coming Tomorrow; Hiroshima, Saga, & Fall City Airports & Abu Dhabi City Scenery Released
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Great Britain Central Scenery & Skiathos Airport Announced; Twin Otter & Airbus A380 Get New Screenshots
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Fokker F28, Chicago Midway & Brač Get New Screenshots, St. Mary’s Announced as Xbox Version Releases
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – FlyTampa Teases Amsterdam & Corfu Airports; Aerosoft Announces Simple Traffic; Bordeaux Released
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Pilatus Porter Gets New Videos; Heraklion Airport Released