Today Logitech revealed a new racing wheel ready for the upcoming next-generation driving games, the G923.
The wheel will release this month (August 2020) in two versions, one is for Xbox and PC and the other is for PlayStation and PC.
The two styles come with dedicated button sets and include respectively the Xbox and PlayStation buttons.
The pricing will be $399.99 in North America and €409,99 in Europe. Pre-orders are already available.
Below you can check out a trailer and a few official images showing both versions.
The wheel supports a force feedback technology which Logitech calls “Trueforce,” explained as follows.
“TRUEFORCE is a proprietary high definition force feedback technology that revolutionizes what’s possible in supported racing games. Using actual game physics and audio in real time, it allows players to feel things like the roar of an engine, tire traction, the terrain of the track, and feedback of the steering wheel more than ever before. TRUEFORCE connects directly to in-game engines, processing at up to 4000 times per second to produce next-gen realism and detail in supported games.
On top of that, we read about its main features (for the PlayStation version, the description is the same for the Xbox version, with swapped names).
- Programmable Dual Clutch Launch Controls – allows racers to get off the line cleaner and faster with a programmable dual-clutch that facilitates maximum traction and minimum smoke.
- Built-In Rev Indicator – built-in colored LED lights indicate your RPM range, alerting the racer when they’re hitting redline.
- On-Wheel Game Controls – game controls for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles integrated into the steering wheel for total control at your fingertips.
- Progressive Brake Pedals – featuring a new progressive spring for a more responsive feel, the new brake pedal responsiveness adds more realism and control.
- 24-Point Selection Dial – built in selection dial allows the racer to adjust traction, torque, automatic stability management, brake force and more.
With the press release, we also get a comment McLaren F1 driver Lando Norris.
“A great force-feedback racing wheel can be the difference between crossing the finish line first and spinning off the track and not finishing at all.
The new Logitech G923 wheel with TRUEFORCE gives drivers an authentic experience behind the wheel and simulates the details we feel as racing drivers. I can feel if the rear of the car loses grip or if I’m about to spin, which gives me the best chance to quickly correct it, and stay ahead of the competition.”
A statement from Logitech G general manager Ujesh Desai was also included.
“For the last few years, we’ve been working with sim drivers, and professional race car drivers to develop a full-featured, realistic driving experience like no other.
With TRUEFORCE you really get to feel the road, along with all the subtle features of the race car. It truly elevates the experience, and everyone we’ve had try it always walks away with a smile!”
It’s worth mentioning that the press release includes a caveat explaining that the wheel “will work with PlayStation 5subject to Sony Interactive Entertainment’s final product approval.” The Xbox version has no such indication, but this is likely just a legal requirement.