It hasn’t been long since Valorant was one of the most popular games on Twitch thanks to its closed beta giveaways. Now that it’s had a full-fledged launch, the game has been adding new content. This time, Valorant is getting a new Agent.
The new Agent’s name is Killjoy, and she’s a German robotics expert. She’s a genius inventor who can add a real strong defensive presence to any team.
Use this new Valorant Agent to outsmart your opponents, or lock down entire areas of play for much easier Spike plants.
Riot Games also added a recent post on the game’s official site to inform players of some new changes coming in Act II. It outlines some updates to “Act Ranks” and competitive play. Here are a few of them:
- Your rank will still be a close reflection of your current rating
- We are now introducing “Act Ranks,” which track your ‘proven skill’ (this is new), highest ranked win, and # of competitive wins in the Act
- At the end of the act, your Act Rank will be preserved as a badge on your player card in Competitive Games (and in your career history)
- Your ‘proven skill’ is your 9th best ranked win of the Act, to demonstrate you can consistently win at that level
- Your highest ranked win is self-explanatory: It’s the highest ranked win you’ve achieved in the act (right at the top of that triangle)
- Your Act Rank border is the surrounding border that evolves based on your number of competitive wins in the Act
- You’ll also be able to review past Act Rank info in your Career Tab
If you want to see a bit of Valorant’s new Agent, Killjoy, in action, check out her reveal trailer below:
Valorant is currently free for all PC players, so if you’re interested in joining the fight, you can download the game and hop right in.