Today, during the Guerrilla Collective show, Metronomik presented a look at the gameplay of its upcoming action-adventure No Straight Roads.
The gameplay is presented by CEO and game director Wan Hazmer. Those of you who love JRPGs may know his name as lead game designer on Final Fantasy XV and Monster of The Deep: Final Fantasy XV.
After leaving Square Enix, he went back to his native Malaysia to launch Metronomik. The fact that he’s working on a game with relevant musical elements should not surprise you, because he’s an absolute magician at arcade rhytm games.
You can check out the gameplay presented during the show below.
No Straight Roads launches in August 2020 for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC (via Epic Games Store)
Here’s an official description.
Take back Vinyl City – with rock! Embark on a music-based action-adventure as indie rock band members Mayday & Zuke and lead a musical revolution against EDM empire No Straight Roads. After being unfairly rejected in their audition to join No Straight Roads, Mayday & Zuke uncover the evil intentions behind the NSR empire. It’s now down to them to save their city from corruption. Enjoy fast & frenetic combat with a musical twist as these two aspiring rock artists fight back with the power of music!
- A unique music-based action-adventure game that puts music & sound at the heart of the gameplay.
- Music is power! Fight an evil empire & lead the musical revolution to take back control of Vinyl City.
- Two playable characters, Mayday & Zuke, each with their own music-based weapons and attacks.
- An action-adventure with a musical twist. Players can attack, jump and move freely while enemies attack to the beat of the music.
- Change the world – with music! Harness the power of music to transform props into weapons and shift between rock & EDM in a seamless and dynamic manner.
- Experience 8 extraordinary levels inspired by different genres of music.
- Defeat giant, memorable bosses with unique personalities.
- An energetic soundtrack filled with awesome music.
- Upgrade your skill tree to improve your abilities & defeat NSR.