After being postponed out of respect for the Black Lives Matter protests, Infinity Ward has confirmed that Season 4 of Modern Warfare and Warzone will begin late tonight, at 11pm PDT.
If was initially due to start at the same time last week but Infinity Ward has now confirmed the new date, saying:
Intel Incoming on Season Four. New #ModernWarfare and #Warzone content is live tonight, June 10th @ 11PM PDT!
As always seems to be the case, Infinity Ward will push the update live at 11pm PDT, so that they can avoid too much disruption to play time.
Full details on the new season have yet to be revealed, but they will probably also come at the time the update releases, so keep an eye on Infinity Ward’s Twitter feed.
What we do know is that Captain Price will be Season 4’s new Operator for both Modern Warfare and Warzone, following on from Alex in Season 3. There will also be new weapons, a new Battle Pass to work towards, and new challenges.
Also, you can expect the update size to be massive to compress existing files so that the overall file size takes up less hard-drive space than it otherwise would.
Senior Communications Manager at InfinityWard, Ashton Williams, tweeted:
The Season 4 download is going to be large. In order to reduce the overall disc space that MW and WZ take up, we’re compressing a bunch of assets. Once installed, the S4 launch will only take up an additional 4GB on consoles for all of the new content.
Once we know the full details on the Season 4 update and what the download size is, we’ll be sure to update you here. It will be live at 2am EDT tomorrow morning, June 11.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, Warzone, & Moble Go Back to the ’80s With Rambo & McClane
- Crash 4 Dev Toys for Bob Shifts to Call of Duty: Warzone Development
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 Trailer Showcases Verdansk 84 Map With the Help of Celebrities