Surprising absolutely no one, fans were given a first look at FIFA 21 during tonight’s EA Play Live event. On top of revealing some gameplay elements, which we’ll get to, a release date was also confirmed.
FIFA 21 will come to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Switch on Oct. 9, which is a little later than usual. FIFA tends to launch in the last week of September, so you’ll have to wait a week or so extra this year.
EA Sports also confirmed that you’ll get three days early access if you pre-order the Champions and Ultimate Editions. You’ll also get a variety of exclusive in-game bonuses by buying each one. For the Ultimate Edition, you’ll need to pre-order by August 14.
- Limited-time bonus — An untradeable FUT 21 Ones to Watch item.
- 3 days of early access
- Up to 24 Rare Gold Packs, 2 per week for 12 weeks
- Cover Star Loan Item, for 5 FUT matches
- Career Mode Homegrown Talent — A local youth prospect with world-class potential.
- FUT Ambassador Player Pick — Choose 1 of 3 player items for 3 FUT matches.
- Special Edition FUT Kits and stadium items
For full info on all editions of FIFA 21, check out EA’s website here.
FIFA 21 will also come to PS5 and Xbox Series X later in the Fall and with what EA is called Dual Entitlement, you’ll be able to upgrade your current gen version to next-gen at no extra cost. You’ll also be able to transfer your Volta and Ultimate Team progress over to the new consoles, but only if you stick with the same family of systems.
EA Sports also confirmed that news on gameplay all FIFA 21 modes will come in August. You can see the initial cinematic trailer below.
FIFA 21 will launch fully on Oct. 9. If you have any questions on how FIFA 21 will release and how it cross generations, check out the FAQ page.