Certain weapon loadouts have become the go-tos since Warzone launched earlier in 2020. The likes of the Grau 5.56 and M4 are weapons you’ll see in every game, but others are pretty OP. While they’ve been nerfed a little recently, akimbo pistols can be great in close quarters situations. So that you can test them out in a match, here’s everything you need to know about how to get akimbo in Warzone.
Akimbo allows you to carry two of the same pistol at the same time, dramatically increasing the damage you can do and being the perfect partner for an assault rifle in a custom loadout.
Of course, you can’t aim down sights with them, but with a little practice to get your aim right, they can be deadly.
How to Get Akimbo in Warzone
What akimbo is an attachment perk for the weapon. When customizing the pistol you want to use, where you’ll add things like sights and suppressors, you’ll find the perk option in the bottom right of the screen.
What you have to do depends on the pistol, but all of them require you to do something with another particular perk attached. The full list of requirements for each pistol is:
- 1911 – Get three kills in five different matches while using the Mo’ Money perk (Unlocked at Level 27).
- X16 – Get three kills in five different matches using the Sleight of Hand perk (Unlocked at Level 20).
- .357 – Get three kills in five different matches using the Recon perk (Unlocked at Level 34).
- M19 – Get three kills in five different matches using the Frangible-Healing perk (Unlocked at Level 6).
- .50 GS – Get three kills in five different matches using the FMJ perk (Unlocked at Level 37).
- Renetti – Get three kills in five different matches using the Mo’ Money perk (Unlocked at Level 36).
If you highlight the akimbo perk, which will be at the bottom of the list, you will see a bar under the stats of the weapon which tracks your progress in unlocking it.
Once you’ve completed the challenge, which will be significantly easier in core Modern Warfare multiplayer modes, you can select the perk to use it as one of the weapon’s attachments, with it being part of a loadout you can pick up in-game.
- Warzone: How to Kill a Juggernaut
- Warzone: How to Get Specialist (All Perks)
- Warzone: How to Get Golden Gas Mask
- Warzone: How to Get Foresight Killstreak
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Integration with CoD: Warzone Detailed