Since the launch of Animal Crossing: New Horizons on the Nintendo Switch, the game’s dataminers have been pretty on point with regards to its upcoming content and events, as well as the more technical info, like bug spawn rates.
Dataminer Ninji recently posted on Twitter their findings on how the game determines which special NPCs show up on your island from week to week. Some of the more coveted NPCs include Redd and Celeste, but the former can be pretty hard to come by, which is frustrating especially when you’re trying to complete your museum’s art collection.
According to Ninji, Saharah, Kicks, and Leif are guaranteed to show up each week on a weekday. The other two weekday slots will be randomly filled by Redd, Gulliver, CJ, Flick, or Label. Whichever two you get for that week, the game will try to prioritize the three you didn’t get for the next week so that you get a nice rotation.
In addition to that, Celeste and Wisp are completely separate from the pool of NPCs mentioned above. Celeste will appear on a day with possible meteor showers, and Wisp will show up on any random evening.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available on Nintendo Switch.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Catch a Dung Beetle
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Puppies (Puppy Plushies)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Turkey Day DIY Recipes
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Start Turkey Day