The Arapaima is one of the rarest fish you can catch in Animal Crossing New Horizons. To help you track it down and add it to your Critterpedia and museum collection, we’ve created this handy Animal Crossing New Horizons Arapaima guide. We’ll talk you through how to catch it, where it can be caught, and how much you’ll be able to sell it for.
Catching the Arapaima
Like most other fish in the game, the Arapaima can only be caught during certain months and times of the day. Whether your island is set as being in the northern or southern hemisphere will determine what these months are. We’ve listed both below.
- Northern Hemisphere Seasonality: June – September
- Southern Hemisphere Seasonality: December – March
On top of that, the Arapaima can only be caught between the hours of 4pm until 9am. In other words, you’ll want to do a spot of fishing in your town during the evening/ nighttime hours.
To catch an Arapaima in Animal Crossing New Horizons, go fishing in your river between the hours of 4pm and 9am when it’s in season (listed above).
You’re looking for the largest possible shadow in the water. Press A with your fishing rod equipped to cast your rod. Wait until the fish shadow moves towards your float and bites. Only press A when the fish bite causes your float to sink below the surface of the water. If you get the timing right, the fish will struggle on the line before it’s pulled out of the water.
If you’re having trouble getting fish to spawn in your river, remember to craft and use Fishing Bait.
Arapaima Sell Price
Being one of the rarest fish in the game, the Arapaima can be sold for 10,000 Bells to Timmy and Tommy at Nook’s Cranny.
If CJ is visiting your town, you’ll be able to sell it to him for 15,000 Bells as he offers a boosted sell price.
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons v2.0 Update? Everything You Need to Know
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road