With Microsoft tearing down the walls that used to segregate console and PC players from playing games together, it’s about time you knew how to chat and communicate with players on both platforms. In this guide, we’re going to talk you through how to join an Xbox Party on PC, as well as how to start and leave an Xbox Party on PC if your friends haven’t got one set up yet.
To do all of this, you’re going to need to bring up the Xbox Game Bar on your PC by pressing the Windows button + G at the same time. It should bring up something like this at the top of your screen.
Side note: Yes, my desktop background is awesome. Thank you.
With the Xbox Game Bar open, we’re now all set to begin joining, starting and leaving Xbox Parties on PC.
Joining an Xbox Party on PC
- Open the ‘Social’ Widget.
If you’re looking to join an Xbox Party on PC press, the ‘Social’ button at the end of the Game Bar. It’s the icon that looks like two people next to one another.
- You’ll Now Have the Social Widget
This will bring up your Xbox Friends List.
- Find the Friend Whose Party You Want to Join
Right-click on the friend whose party you want to join and select the ‘Join Party’ option.
- You’ll Now Be in the Party with Your Friends
Starting an Xbox Live Party on PC
To start a party if there’s not one for you to join already, follow the below steps:
1. From the Social Widget, select the headset icon just to the right of the ‘Friend Search’ bar.
2. You’ll now have an ‘Xbox Chat’ window appear. Here, you can mute your Mic with the microphone button, mute everything with the speaker icon, and set the party to ‘Invite Only’ with the unlocked padlock icon along the bar at the top.
3. To invite a friend to your party, go back to the Social widget and right-click on the friend you’d like to invite to your party. Select the ‘Invite to Party’ option and wait for them to join.
Leaving an Xbox Party on PC
To leave the party, simply click on the icon that has an arrow pointing away from a tall rectangle.
And there you have everything you need to know about starting, joining, and leaving Xbox Parties on PC. It’s all simple!
For more video game tips and tricks, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Ubisoft Announces PS5 & Xbox Series X/S Details for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legion, & More
- Check Out This Xbox Series X/S Walkthrough Demo for a Full Next-Gen Overview
- Microsoft Reveals Every Xbox Game Pass Title Coming/Leaving the Service Soon
- War Thunder “New Power” Update Teased; PS5 & Xbox Series X/S Versions Coming Mid-November
- Quantum Error for PS5, Xbox Series X, & PS4 Gets New Screenshots Showing Cutscene & Minigun