Following a hugely successful Kickstarter campaign, Solasta: Crown of the Magister’s development appears to be ticking along nicely. In a new trailer today, developer Tactical Adventures has released a new features trailer, which dives into the character creator to assemble a team of four heroes, outfitting and preparing them to explore the uncharted world of Solasta, and engage in highly tactical and vertical combat.
You’ll get to a meaty first look at how to create a fully customized party, by choosing among a wide range of races, classes and subclasses, background stories and abilities, to maximize synergies and potential while adventuring.
For those who missed Twinfinite’s previous coverage of the game earlier this year, Solasta is a team-based adventure with strategic, turn-based combat. There’s a strong emphasis on character progression and role-playing mechanics, encouraging players to take advantage of each character’s strengths and weaknesses if they are to succeed.
Wizards of the Coast has granted Tactical Adventures a license to use the Dungeons & Dragons SRD 5.1 content and rules in Solasta: Crown of the Magister.
Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect in the full game:
- Verticality: Solasta is a three-dimensional world, rather than a series of flat maps. Locations can be explored by climbing walls, flying, teleporting, crawling through tunnels, finding secret passages, or falling through unstable ground, allowing the player to use the environment to take on encounters in multiple different ways.
- Team Based Adventure: Players will have many options to choose races, classes, backgrounds, and can even roll for stats as they create their party. All members are essential – together you will adventure through Solasta as a group, where you must work together in pursuit of your quest.
- Tactical CRPG: Each encounter can be handled in multiple ways. Will you use the high ground to strike your enemies from above as a Darkweaver Rogue, or shove your enemies into deep chasms as a Mountaineer Fighter? Your choices alone will determine the destiny of your party.
- Light: Light will not only help to see your surroundings as you explore deep underground or in a dungeon. It can also be used as a weapon against the light-fearing creatures you will encounter along your journey. Careful, though – light can also give away your position.
- Created by Tabletop Players: Tactical Adventures is a team of highly experienced Tabletop players and veteran game developers who are passionate about the genre, striving to create the best Tactical RPG video game
Solasta: Crown of the Magister is coming to PC via Steam — no release window has yet been confirmed.