The Moguri Mod for the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX is a “total revamp” of the classic turn-based PS1 JRPG with cleaner backgrounds, smoother textures, higher resolution, and more details all around and it’s finally out today for those looking for a reason to replay the charming epic from Square.
Spotted by a Reddit user on the PC Gaming subreddit, the Moguri Mod is a shining example of how a modern remaster of Final Fantasy IX could look like if Square Enix ever decides to really clean up the visuals for a “modern” release.
There are also some images down below that show in the mod in action:
It’s also worth mentioning that this mod only works with the Steam version of the game. You won’t be able to install it on the PS4, Xbox One, or Switch versions of Final Fantasy IX.
- Final Fantasy XIV Reveals First Update 6.2 Details Including “Island Sanctuary” Farming Simulator-Like Content & More
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Much-Awaited “Street Attire” Glamour Priced at $22
- Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin Trials of the Dragon King DLC Revealed with Trailer & Release Date
- Final Fantasy XIV Update 6.18 With Data Center Travel & New European Servers Coming July 5
- Final Fantasy XIV “Close in the Distance” Music Video Is a Moving Trip Down Memory Lane