The Moguri Mod for the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX is a “total revamp” of the classic turn-based PS1 JRPG with cleaner backgrounds, smoother textures, higher resolution, and more details all around and it’s finally out today for those looking for a reason to replay the charming epic from Square.
Spotted by a Reddit user on the PC Gaming subreddit, the Moguri Mod is a shining example of how a modern remaster of Final Fantasy IX could look like if Square Enix ever decides to really clean up the visuals for a “modern” release.
There are also some images down below that show in the mod in action:
It’s also worth mentioning that this mod only works with the Steam version of the game. You won’t be able to install it on the PS4, Xbox One, or Switch versions of Final Fantasy IX.
- Fantasian by Final Fantasy Creator Shows Story & Gameplay in New Trailers & Screenshots
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade for PS5 Gets Screenshots & Details About Characters, Features, & More
- PlayStation Plus Games for March 2021 Announced Including Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Part 2 Will Be Directed by Naoki Hamaguchi; Tetsuya Nomura Still Involved
- Final Fantasy VII The First Soldier & Ever Crisis Revealed for Mobile