The Moguri Mod for the Steam version of Final Fantasy IX is a “total revamp” of the classic turn-based PS1 JRPG with cleaner backgrounds, smoother textures, higher resolution, and more details all around and it’s finally out today for those looking for a reason to replay the charming epic from Square.
Spotted by a Reddit user on the PC Gaming subreddit, the Moguri Mod is a shining example of how a modern remaster of Final Fantasy IX could look like if Square Enix ever decides to really clean up the visuals for a “modern” release.
There are also some images down below that show in the mod in action:
It’s also worth mentioning that this mod only works with the Steam version of the game. You won’t be able to install it on the PS4, Xbox One, or Switch versions of Final Fantasy IX.
- Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade Getting Play Arts Kai Figures for Yuffie & Sonon
- Final Fantasy XIV Eorzea Collection 2021 Coming in August Pre-Orders Open in Japan
- Final Fantasy VII Remake: Episode Intermission Review – This Is a Materia Robbery
- Astria Ascending by Final Fantasy Writer & Valkyria Chronicles Composer Gets Release Date & More
- Stranger of Paradise Final Fantasy Origin Gets First Screenshots, Details, & Developer Comments