In order to promote the launch, the studio released a trailer that will likely bring back Top Gun memories. It also rocks with Bon Jovi’s classic “It’s My Life,” which is an added bonus.
You can watch it below.
The module is priced at $34.99 in early access, and below you can read the current features and those planned to be added by its full release.
DCS: Supercarrier is the most detailed and realistic simulation of a Nimitz-class aircraft carrier ever created. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is a nuclear-powered fortress at sea with a crew of over 6,000 sailors and airmen. The angled flight deck with arrestor wires and four steam-powered catapults support air wing operations of up to 90 aircraft. The ship also includes a formidable air defense system that includes the RIM-7 Sea Sparrow Missile and RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile (RAM) missiles, and Close-In Weapon System (CIWS) gun system. A Nimitz-class aircraft carrier is the ultimate power projection weapon.
10 ships of the class have been produced, of which, we will include five of the Theodore Roosevelt sub-class:
- CVN-71 Theodore Roosevelt
- CVN-72 Abraham Lincoln
- CVN-73 George Washington
- CVN-74 John C Stennis
- CVN-75 Harry S. Truman
For the early access release, we will provide the Roosevelt, Lincoln, and Washington.
Early access features of DCS: Supercarrier include:
- Highly detailed polygon model with high-resolution textures that include realistic weathering and markings.
- Animations that include arresting wires, jet blast deflectors (JBD), radar antennas, aircraft elevators, catapult bubble between catapults 1 and 2, steam from catapults, and risers (guard rails) around aircraft elevators when lowered.
- Detailed lighting systems that includes the long-range line-up lights, IFLOLS, Animated “rabbit lights” along landing area centerline, deck lighting, floodlights, and ship number on the island.
- Functional air defense weapon systems that include the Sea Sparrow, CIWS, and SeaRAM.
- Deck parking allowing up to 14 aircraft to be spawned on deck.
- Dynamic carrier radio communications for Case I, Case II, and Case III recoveries.
- Static deck vehicles (AS32A-31A Flight Deck Tractor, AS32A-32A Hangar Deck Tractor, AS32A-36 Aircraft crash and salvage crane, P-25 Fire Fighting Vehicle) that can be placed by mission designers.
- Animated deck crew for bow and waist catapults launches.
- Static deck crew that can be placed by mission designers.
During the early access period, the following additional features will be added:
- Air Boss station.
- Briefing room.
- Occupy the Landing Signal Officer (LSO) station with PLAT camera, including VR support.
- More LSO station interactions.
- Combined Arms integration.
- “Burble” effect.
- Wave off and bolter return to pattern radio messages.
- Functional barricade net.
DCS World is currently available exclusively for PC. The base game is free, but there are plenty of add-ons available for purchase.