With Warzone’s Verdansk map being so huge, there are plenty of opportunities to snipe other players. However, the large open spaces can be tricky to see across, which is why thermal scopes can be hugely helpful. So that you can get clear shots on enemies, here’s everything you need to know about how to get a thermal scope in Call of Duty Warzone.
What the thermal scope does is make enemies stand out when aiming down sights. Everything will be black and white, with enemies standing out in bright white, provided they’re not using a certain perk, which we’ll talk about in a bit.
How to Get Thermal Scope in Call of Duty Warzone
While you can find it already attached to some weapons on the floor and in loot crates, you’re going to want to attach it to the sniper you’re using in your loadout.
Some small thermal scope options are available for assault rifles, SMGs, and LMGs, but snipers are where they’re most popular.
You’ll need to head to the loadout screen on the Warzone lobby menu. Then, you’ll need to select the sniper you want to use and press square if you’re on PS4 (X on Xbox One, R on PC) to edit it and add attachments.
Select Optic and you’ll see seven options, with you needing to reach a specific level for you to unlock each one. There are three thermal scopes you can choose from for the snipers and you need to do things like complete contracts and kill enemies to level them up.
The level for each scope changes for each weapon, but below are the requirements for the AX-50, which is the most popular sniper. The levels are around the same for each weapon.
- Thermal Sniper Scope- 3rd Unlock – Level 17
- Merc Thermal Optic – 6th Unlock – Level 37
- Thermal Dual Power Scope – 7th Unlock – Level 39
The only thing to note is that enemies who are using the Ghost perk cannot be seen as bright white through the sights. They will be grey and harder to see instead, and using that perk is becoming more and more popular.
That’s everything you need to know about how to get a thermal scope in Call of Duty Warzone. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to search for Twinfinite.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War & Warzone Season 4 Gameplay Trailer Revealed at Summer Game Fest
- Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War, Warzone, & Moble Go Back to the ’80s With Rambo & McClane
- Crash 4 Dev Toys for Bob Shifts to Call of Duty: Warzone Development
- Warzone Could Learn a Thing or Two About In-Game Events from Fortnite
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 3 Trailer Showcases Verdansk 84 Map With the Help of Celebrities