The official Destiny 2 Twitter today tweeted out a mysterious audio file which aside from just being spooky, clearly depicts the pyramid ships that have been slowly making their way through the solar system and are presumably are now right on the door step of Earth and The Last City.
This has been a long time coming. We’ve been hearing about the darkness and the collapse since the original Destiny. The ending of the vanilla Destiny 2 teased the awakening of the dormant pyramid ships, and the Shadowkeep campaign had us literally visit one that was hidden deep inside the moon.
As for the audio itself? Well, it’s uh… pretty edgy. It’s a lot of spooky sounds that you’d hear in a haunted house during Halloween. It’s pretty hard to really make anything of it.
Paul Tassi from Forbes has a running theory that it is linked to ice cracking, and the Deep Stone Crypt. Personally, I think we’ll be seeing Europa. Europa has been a location that has also been heavily hinted at and has been an important location in Destiny lore from the start. It has existed as pretty concept art for a long time, and maybe it’s finally time to book a vacation there.
Next week will be the last week of the current season of Destiny 2, and the most recent TWAB hinted that we’ll be getting more information about the next season and Year 4 of Destiny 2 soon as well. So we won’t have to wait too long to see what the deal is with all of these rumors, leaks, and teases as of late.
- Bungie Reveals the Future of Destiny: New Expansions, Vaulting Content, Destiny 3, Next-Gen Features & More
- Whether the Leaks or Real or Not, Destiny 3 Needs to Continue to Invest in Its Hardcore Players
- These Ultra-Realistic Destiny 3D Models Make Us Glad Exos Don’t Exist
- Destiny 2: How to Get Wendigo GL3
- Borderlands 3: How to Kill Dinklebot (Destiny Easter Egg)