The popular Japanese magazines Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation just hosted the Famitsu Dengeki Game Awards 2019.
The Game of the Year award was brought home by Pokemon Sword & Shield, which prevailed against a strong panel of nominees which also included Death Stranding, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Fire Emblem: Three Houses.
On the other hand, Hideo Kojima won the “Most Valuable Creator” award, with Death Stranding winning four awards including Best Rookie, Best Action Adventure, Best Graphics, and Best Character.
Below you can read the full list of winners and see if you agree.
- Best Rookie: Death Stranding
- Best Indie: Gnosia
- Best Shooter: Apex Legends
- Best eSports: Fortnite
- Best Online Game: Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers
- Best Streamer: Kato Junichi (Unko-chan)
- Best RPG: Pokemon Sword & Shield
- Best Action: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Best Action Adventure: Death Stranding
- Best Adventure: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- Best Creator in China: Hideo Kojima
- Best Game in China: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Best Character: Sam Porter Bridges
- Best Music: Persona 5 Royal
- Best Scenario: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
- Best Graphics: Death Stranding
- Famitsu Dengeki Special Awards: Dragon Quest Walk/Ring Fit Adventure
- Most Valuable Creator: Hideo Kojima
- Game of the Year: Pokemon Sword & Shield