The Banded Dragonfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is one of the many critters you’ll need to catch for Blathers‘ collection. Just like with any other insect or fish in the game, you’ll need to make sure you’ve got your net at the ready at the right time in the right place in order to catch one. Here’s how to catch the Banded Dragonfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Banded Dragonfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
The Banded Dragonfly will only show up on your island during the following months. We’ve provided the months it’ll appear for both the northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere islands:
- Northern Hemisphere: May – October
- Southern Hemisphere: November – April
During these months, the Banded Dragonfly will show up during the daytime hours. Specifically, you’ll only be able to catch it between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
The Banded Dragonfly is fairly rare, so it might take you a little while to spot one flying about your island. They look like this:
Like other dragonflies, this Banded variant is very fast and moves in jerky, sudden movements. As such, we advise heading over to its general vicinity, and then pressing and holding A with your net out to have it readied.
Then begin creeping after the Banded Dragonfly, or just walk straight on over to it and release A.
The good news is that the Banded Dragonfly won’t ever run away and disappear, so if you miss it once you can just try and try again.
Banded Dragonfly Sell Price
The Banded Dragonfly can be sold to Timmy and Tommy at Nook’s Cranny for 4,500 Bells.
It can also be sold in the Drop-Off Box just outside the shop for 3,600 Bells.
If you’re lucky enough for Flick to show up in your town, you’ll be able to sell the Banded Dragonfly for 6,750 Bells.
That’s everything you need to know about catching the Banded Dragonfly in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Head over to our wiki for more guides, search for Twinfinite for all your video game needs, or check out more related content below.
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons v2.0 Update? Everything You Need to Know
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road