During a very unexpected Nintendo Direct Mini presentation yesterday, the House of Mario showed off a new trailer and release date for the upcoming Nintendo Switch JRPG, Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition.
The suped-up remaster of the Wii/3DS title will be coming with an entirely new epilogue called “Future Connected” that will cap off the main game with a new story. This definitive edition will look better and play better than the other versions of the game and there will also be some quality of life improvements for a much more enjoyable gameplay experience.
In a tweet from Nintendo today, it was revealed that the epilogue will playable right from the beginning of the game so if you’ve already Xenoblade Chronicles, you can hop right in to check out the new ending.
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition launches for the Nintendo Switch on May 29 and there are special editions for the game available for pre-order now: one for the US and one for Europe. While both collector’s editions feature a stunning 250-page artbook, the European one comes with a lot more goodies.
If you missed out on the new trailer that was shown yesterday, you can watch it down below:
- Forget Shulk, These 5 Xenoblade Characters Should Be in Smash Bros
- Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Launch Trailer Dives Into Shulk’s Past
- New Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition Trailer Showcases the World’s Sprawling Regions
- Xenoblade Chronicles: How to Learn New Arts
- Xenoblade Chronicles: How to Start Future Connected Epilogue