Metalhead Software has today announced the next title in its popular arcade sports franchise Super Mega Baseball. The sequel will launch on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC in April for $44.99.
A press release sent to Twinfinite highlights a bunch of new features that have been packed in based on player feedback, including a brand-new Franchise mode, refined graphics, additional player and team content, new stadiums, and new on-field mechanics.
A full breakdown of the new content and changes in Super Mega Baseball 3 is as follows:
- Take in the sights and sounds of 14 richly detailed ballparks, each featuring unique day, night and alternate lighting conditions.
- Guide an evolving team to greatness over multiple seasons in the all new Franchise mode featuring player development, aging, retirement and signing/releasing of free agents.
- Compete online to win pennants and climb to higher divisions in the cross-platform Pennant Race mode.
- Create your ideal league with a comprehensive customization suite that includes season length/structure, team names/uniforms/logos, and player names/appearance/attributes.
- Play or simulate any combination of games/teams in customized Seasons and Elimination brackets, solo or with friends.
You can check out the announce trailer below.