EA Sports hasn’t officially announced them, but skill moves and weak-foot winter upgrades have begun to crop up in FIFA 20’s Ultimate Team mode, ahead of the full Ratings Refresh event in a few weeks.
There’s no full list of players that have received upgrades, but the likes of NepentheZ and his fans on Twitter have been pointing them out, so thanks to them.
Just as is the case with ratings upgrades that’ll likely come once Future Stars is over, there will only be upgrades, no downgrades, so players will only improve.
The weak-foot and skill move changes have probably come early because they can be changed on existing cards, without new cards needing to be released, as would happen if overall ratings were changed.
Below is the full list of Winter Upgrades changes we’ve spotted in FIFA 20 so far. We will upgrade it as more are revealed between now and Winter Refresh.
- Luis Sinisterra – RW – Feyenoord – 69 OVR – 2* Weak-Foot to 4* Weak-Foot
- Roberto Firmino – CF – Liverpool – 86 OVR – 4* Skill Moves to 5* Skill Moves
- Hakim Ziyech – CAM – Ajax – 85 OVR – 4* Skill Moves to 5* Skill Moves
- Renato Sanchez – CM – Lille – 75 OVR – 3* Skill Moves to 4* Skill Moves
- Gabriel Martinelli – LW – Arsenal – 68 OVR – 2* Skill Moves to 3* Skill Moves & 2* Weak-Foot to 3* Weak-Foot
The only other thing to note is that special version of any cards haven’t seen the same Winter Upgrades. Gabriel Martinelli Future Stars is the same, but that happened before his base silver card was ever upgraded. For example, Firmino’s Scream card still has 4* skill moves.
Those changes will likely come soon though. It seems as if EA Sports is slowly rolling out these changes.
You can find the Winter Upgrades in game in FIFA 20 Ultimate Team now.