Dragon Ball Z Kakarot takes you through the events of the anime, with a whole series of new RPG systems to boot. Of course one of the most iconic moments in DBZ is Goku’s Super Saiyan transformation, and everyone will no doubt be wondering how to go Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. Well, we’re here to give you that answer.
How to Go Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
Unfortunately, you won’t have access to Super Saiyan at the start of Kakarot, and it’s actually going to take a while to unlock it. Goku is the first one you’ll unlock but Vegeta, Gohan, and Trunks can all unlock the transformation as well.
How to Unlock Super Saiyan
First, let’s go over how to unlock the transformation for each character.
- Super Saiyan – Unlocked during the Frieza Saga (second saga), during the fight with Frieza.
- SS 2 – Unlocked near the beginning of the Buu Saga (last saga), when fighting Kid Buu.
- SS 3 – Unlocked a little over halfway through Buu saga (last saga), when fighting Majin Buu.
- Super Saiyan – Unlocked during the Android Saga (third saga)
- Super Saiyan – Unlocked during the Android Saga (third saga), when Gohan is training.
- SS 2 – Unlocked during the Cell Saga (fourth saga) during the final fight with Cell.
- Super Saiyan – Will automatically have it when he arrives during the Android Saga.
It should also be noted that when you play as Vegito late in the game, he’ll automatically have Super Saiyan. Now let’s go over how to actually use it.
The first transformation you unlock in the game is Goku’s Kaio-ken, and Super Saiyan works the exact same way.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Here’s how to use transformations in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot
- At any time during battle, you can use a transformation by holding down LT+RT (L2+R2) and then pressing the face button that corresponds with the transformation.
You can assign transformations to buttons by going to the Character menu and editing your attack palette.
- The transformation will boost your stats significantly, but constantly drain your HP and Ki.
- To stop the transformation at any time simply use the same process you activated it with.
That’s everything you need to know about how to go Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball Z Kakarot. If you need any other help or tips, make sure to check out our Dragon Ball Z Kakarot guide wiki.
You can also read our interview with the game’s producer, if you want to learn a little more.