Just before The Rise of Skywalker film’s premiere, EA Dice is releasing its own free DLC expansion for Star Wars Battlefront II of the same name. It’s a tie-in to the movie, of course, which has players set foot on an exotic new jungle planet where a fateful war between the Resistance and First Order thunders. Today the developer published a new trailer that tees up the story and gameplay, and boy is the production quality impressive.
The Rise of Skywalker is set to add the following content to the game:
- A new jungle-themed planet, available in co-op as either Resistance or First Order, and is also playable in heroes vs. villains.
- Reinforcements in the form of the Sith Trooper, revamped Jet Trooper, and two new alien species called the Gunner and Spy unit.
- New eras coming to co-op, kicking off with the Sequel Trilogy across, available across Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base and a new Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker inspired planet.
- New character appearances, Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren.
Beyond just The Rise of Skywalker content, there’s also the new Celebration Edition of Battlefront II launching in tandem on Dec. 17, which is described as “an easy way to access all that content, which is why we’re introducing the Star Wars Battlefront II – Celebration Edition,” and consists of the following content:
- Base game with all past and future free updates
- 150+ Appearances, including 6 Legendary Appearances
- 100+ Emotes
- 90+ Victory Poses
You can check out the new trailer below.
Today’s news follows on from a Reddit community transmission broadcast that outlined the content’s features, as well as future DLC plans going forward.