EA Dice has revealed a new Celebration Edition for Battlefront II today as part of its Reddit Community Transmission broadcast. The new edition, which launches tomorrow, Dec. 5, compiles past updates, character appearances, and a bunch of content released since launch in a single package. Additionally, the Reddit post detailed some of the content to feature in the upcoming The Rise of Skywalker themed update launching later this month.
The celebration Edition is explained as “an easy way to access all that content, which is why we’re introducing the Star Wars Battlefront II – Celebration Edition,” and consists of the following content:
- Base game with all past and future free updates
- 150+ Appearances, including 6 Legendary Appearances
- 100+ Emotes
- 90+ Victory Poses
To avoid confusion developer also breaks down recent content that isn’t included:
- Experience and Star Card progression, this will need to be unlocked via regular gameplay.
- The Last Jedi appearances for Kylo and Rey, as these remain exclusive for players who pre-ordered, and owners of the Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition.
- Customization options that can only be obtained via special in-game events such as Leia Princess of Alderaan or the Farmboy Luke appearances.
The Celebration Edition is a digital download that’ll be available tomorrow. It can be purchased as a complete package for PS4, Xbox One, and PC for $39.99, while those who already own the base game can get on board for $29.99.
Elsewhere, the transmission detailed The Rise of Skywalker update, which is set to launch on Dec. 17, in tandem with the upcoming film of the same name.
Here’s a breakdown of the content coming in The Rise of Skywalker:
- A new jungle-themed planet, available in co-op as either Resistance or First Order, and is also playable in heroes vs. villains.
- Reinforcements in the form of the Sith Trooper, revamped Jet Trooper, and two new alien species called the Gunner and Spy unit.
- New eras coming to co-op, kicking off with the Sequel Trilogy across, available across Jakku, Takodana, Starkiller Base and a new Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker inspired planet.
- New character appearances, Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren.
Future support is planned into 2020, too, with DICE confirming a continuation of Sequel Trilogy content as it brings it to both Instant Action and Capital Supremacy, including the Resistance MC85 and First Order Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.
You can also expect two new heroes in January: BB-8 and BB-9E
Moving forward, Dice is “already thinking about February and March,” and will provide more information at a later date.