Publisher 11 bit Studios and developer Dead Mage have confirmed today that the story-driven rogue-lite RPG Children of Morta is to be supported throughout 2020 with a solid line-up of mostly free DLC.
The news comes by way of a press release that kicks off by making special mention of Children of Morta’s commercial success, which is said to have ensured the developer broke even within three days.
It’s a result that’s likely to have encouraged support of the game with further DLC, which is broken down below. The only paid content is the final expansion named The Uncharted Lands.
- Shrine of Challenge (I) introduces hard difficulty and an item pack with more than 20 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- Setting Sun Inn (II) invites you to New Game+ mode in which players carry their unlocked characters, skill tree, Morv, and Workshop Upgrades into a new playthrough after completing the game.
- Random Encounter (!) means what it says and says what it means – you’ll never know what you might find here!
- In the Bergsons’ House (III) a new playable character awaits.
- The Fellowship Sanctuary (IV) adds the much anticipated online co-op to the game.
- Temple of the Endless (V) contains a series of arenas with waves of enemies, mini-bosses, and a new boss. This Endless Mode fully supports online co-op.
- The Treasure (VI) update will contain more than 30 new items including Charms, Divine Graces and Divine Relics.
- All this should prepare you for The Uncharted Lands (VII). The next journey for the Bergson family will be a brand new DLC chapter with a main quest and a home event, another playable hero, new enemies, and a new boss.
You can check out a snapshot of the roadmap in the below graphic.