Sony Bend has continued tweaking and adding content to Days Gone since its launch back in April, and today marks the release of its latest update, Patch 1.6. There’s no word yet on the full notes, but the developer has announced that it’s celebrating tomorrow’s launch of Death Stranding by including one or two bits of bonus content that nod the hat to Kojima’s latest game.
[Update]: Full patch notes are now listed at the bottom of this article.
Seeing as in both games, motorbikes play a big part in traversing the open-world, Bend is giving players the option to customize their hog with Death Stranding decals and parts.
The news comes by way of a Tweet from Sony Bend earlier today, which featured a short video clip showcasing a glimpse of what’s in store. You can check it out below.
With the release of our 1.6 patch and tomorrow’s launch of Death Stranding, we added new #DeathStranding themed bike tanks, decals, and a frame paint! Download our latest patch and check it out! #DaysGone pic.twitter.com/Re42BhzA9Q
— Bend Studio #DaysGone (@BendStudio) November 7, 2019
Full Days Gone Patch 1.6 notes are as follows:
Reset Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones
The option to reset Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones is live!
- Players can now fully reset all open world Hordes, Infestation Zones, and Ambush Camps
- The jobs can be reset as many times as the player wants
There are a few conditions that need to be met for you to utilize this feature
- Complete the story mission “For an Outlaw Biker”
- Have any of the Storylines for “Horde Killer”, “Ambush Camp Killer”, and “Infestation Exterminator” at 100% complete
- Players can only reset jobs if they have completed the appropriate Storyline at 100%
How to Reset your Hordes, Ambush Camps, and Infestation Zones
- Ensure that you met all the conditions above
- Load your saved game
- Hit “Options”
- Select “Reset Jobs”
- Select the jobs you wish to reset!
- Note that you can reset your jobs as many times as you would like
Death Stranding Bike Tanks and More!
To celebrate the launch of Death Stranding on Friday, we released exclusive bike decals in Days Gone! Take to the broken road and show off your excitement for Death Stranding today.
Please note that you can unlock the Death Stranding tanks in both New Game+ and when starting a New Game
- Death Stranding Tank
- Death Stranding: BB Tank
- Both tanks can be acquired ONLY from the Diamond Lake Mechanic
- Death Standing Decal
- Death Standing: BB Decal
- Decals can be acquired from any valid mechanic
- Death Standing: BB Base
- This frame paint can be applied on from any valid mechanic
Black Friday Changes
- We increased the amount of Freaker ears it cost to repurchase weapons/ammo
- Due to a scoring error that occurred, we have done a one-time reset ONLY for the “Black Friday” leaderboard. We don’t expect to reset these or any leaderboards in the future
- This reset is planned to go live on 11/8/2019 @ 8:00am PT
A reminder that all the DLC challenges we released are planned to stay unlocked indefinitely.
- General improvements to stability and optimization has been added
- Various Crash Fixes
- General audio adjustments
- The ammo counter should now display as intended in certain challenges
- The UI should remain shown(?) as intended during bike chases
- Infestation nests should repopulate properly if the player is killed
- The weapon stats at the merchant should show the correct stats for each weapon
- In New Game+, the skill “Up The Ante” will now provide more ammo capacity for 6MM on the BND-150
- The challenge “Reloaded” score has been adjusted
- Certain trophy progress should transfer over correctly when starting New Game+
- A specific character has finished their work at Cloverdale Research Facility and has made her way to Iron Mike’s
Known issues with Patch 1.6
- The light that highlights the Surprise Box is not showing properly
UI HIGH CONTRAST COLOR MODE
In our push for accessibility, we’ve added UI COLOR MODE to help visibility and contrast in certain HUD elements in Days Gone. When enabling HIGH CONTRAST, certain key HUD elements on screen will swap color palettes to become easier to see and more visible during the game.
New Linear Option for Aiming
Some of you have requested a linear input curve for Aiming, and we heard you. This will make camera movement more one-to-one with the Right Stick input, instead of using more of the input range for smaller aiming adjustments. You will find this setting in Options->Gameplay->Dead Zone Sensitivity->Linear.
Our team will continue to identify and resolve major bugs if needed in future patches.
Be sure to post your high score to this thread and on social media with the hash tag “#DaysGone”!
Today’s new patch follows on from several updates that have added content like the New Game Plus mode. New features such as this, in addition to changes made post-launch have no doubt made Days Gone a better game than when it first launched. You can read our original review here.