Today Electronic Arts released its financial results for the first quarter of the fiscal year 2020, related to the period between April 1 and June 30, 2019.
Below you can see a summary of the quarterly financial figures for the publisher.
You’ll notice that all the relevant income numbers are in the black and showing a positive trend.
We also get a comment from CEO Andrew Wilson, boasting a “strong start” to the fiscal year.
“We had a strong start to FY20, bringing rich new experiences to our growing communities for Apex Legends, EA SPORTS, The Sims and more.
From great new games to live services with longevity, subscriptions on more platforms and competitive gaming for more franchises, we’re pushing to lead with innovation, quality and choice for our players.”
COO and CFO Blake Jorgensen also mentions that results were above expectations.
“We delivered operating results significantly above our expectations, driven by broad strength across our core franchises. This quarter shows how the power of our portfolio strategy, combined with live services, delivers strong results. We believe we have the right ingredients in place to deliver fun for our players and success for our business.”
Below you can read a few operating highlights included in the press release.
- Digital net bookings for the trailing twelve months was $3.730 billion, up 5% year-over-year and represents 76% of total net bookings.
- During the quarter, FIFA Ultimate Team had more than three million players logging in daily during the Team of the Season in-game event.
- During the quarter, The Sims 4 expansion packs and game pack downloads increased 55% year-over-year.
- At quarter end, Star Wars : Galaxy of Heroes had nearly 80 million players life-to-date.
- Season 2 in Apex Legends began on July 2.
- On July 24, EA Access launched on PlayStation 4.
Below you can see the slate of games coming for consoles and PC for the fiscal year.
If you’d like to compare, you can check out the results for the previous quarter, which were disclosed in May.