If you’ve never gotten into the Monster Hunter series, Dauntless might be a more palatable, free-to-play entry to get into. Here’s how to craft a Radiant weapon in Dauntless.
How to Craft a Radiant Weapon in Dauntless
Fairly early on in Dauntless, you’ll receive a quest called Before the Dawn. In order to proceed, you’ll need to craft a Radiant weapon for the quest.
It’s fairly straightforward, and you basically just need to farm the Valomyr Behemoth for all the parts you need to craft your weapon.
Where to Find Valomyr
The Valomyr is a bug or beetle-like Behemoth that can be found in the Maelstrom region, and it’s weak to the Umbral element. You simply have to defeat the Behemoth and break the appropriate parts to get all the materials you need for the Radiant weapon.
Here’s a list of the materials you need for each weapon type:
- Sword: 150 Rams, 4 Valomyr Hides, 2 Unstable Tailspikes, 2 Apocalypse Horns
- War Pike: 150 Rams, 4 Valomyr Hides, 2 Protean Fangs, 2 Unstable Tailspikes
- Hammer: 150 Rams, 4 Valomyr Hides, 6 Radiant Dewclaws, 2 Unstable Tailspikes
- Axe: 150 Rams, 4 Valomyr Hides, 2 Protean Fangs, 6 Radiant Dewclaws
- Chain Blades: 150 Rams, 4 Valomyr Hides, 2 Apocalypse Horns, 6 Radiant Dewclaws
Once you’ve got all the required materials for the weapon type you want to craft, simply head back to town and talk to the weaponsmith.
Hand over the materials, and you’ll get your Radiant weapon required to progress through the quest.
And that’s basically all you need to know about how to craft a Radiant weapon for the Before the Dawn quest in Dauntless. Be sure to check our Dauntless guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
Here are a few quick guides to get you started in the game: