Koji Igarashi’s Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night has been in development for a long time, but today, during the latest Nintendo Direct presentation, the game finally got a release window.
While it’s not yet a release date, now we know that the upcoming IGAVania game will launch for PS4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC this summer.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here is a bunch of handy bullet points from the press release to refresh your memory:
- Igavania lives on – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the Metroidvania genre, is creating a new, modern side-scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy long-time fans of his celebrated work.
- Vast and deep gameplay – unlock spells and powers, find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance, mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- High fidelity 2.5 graphics – everything in Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is rendered in loving 3d detail on a 2d side-scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- Orchestral music by industry legends – featuring music from industry icons Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil, Mega Man).
- Iga’s biggest castle – the Bloodstained: Ritual of the night game world is the largest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, with a map size nearly double that of his previous games.
- Multiple characters to choose from – aside from the enigmatic Miriam, there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Below you can check out a new trailer released to announce the launch window.