The fourth generation of Pokemon brought the monster-catching franchise to the Nintendo DS back in 2007 with Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl, which introduced us to the Sinnoh region and some of the cutest starter Pokemon that we’ve ever seen: Turtwig, Chimchar, and Piplup. We’ve yet to see these starters in Pokemon GO but The Pokemon Company just released a new trailer that teases the fourth generation for Pokemon GO:
Niantic has been adding in each generation of Pokemon to Pokemon GO slowly but surely over the past two years to make sure there’s enough content for players to not get tired of catching the same Pokemon over and over again. There’s only so many times we can catch Rattata’s and Pidgey’s.
Not only will new Pokemon be added soon, but Niantic will be changing up several of the gameplay elements to improve the overall experience of the mobile game:
- Moving forward, the weather feature will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokemon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokemon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokemon species.
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between Pokemon with high and low HP.
- Pokemon Defense and Stamina values will be rebalanced, allowing Pokemon with high defensive stats to be valuable by outlasting opponents in battle rather than these Pokemon merely taking too long to defeat.
- Defense values have also been slightly reduced for most Pokemon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokemon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokemon.
Pokemon GO is now available on the App Store and Google Play Store.