How to Complete All Fortnitemares Challenges in Fortnite
Fortnite’s Halloween event has arrived in the form of an LTM called Fortnitemares. There are a number of new elements to this mode, such as AI-controlled enemies to take down for loot, new weapons, and more. To encourage you to get into the festive spirit and try out Fortnitemares, there are even Fortnitemares challenges that’ll reward you with a number of different cosmetic items. The fourth and final of which, is a Dark Engine glider, that looks particularly spooky. As such, you’re probably wondering what you need to do to complete all Fortnitemares challenges in Fortnite.
To give you a helping hand, we’re breaking down each set of the Fortnitemares challenges as they become available. There are four different sets, with each one unlocking two days after the last. All of the Fortnitemares Challenge parts have now been unlocked and are available to complete, and we’ve listed down how to complete all Fortnitemares Challenges in the game down below.
Fortnitemares Challenges Part 1
- Destroy Cube Monsters (200) – This one’s simple in and of itself. The cube monsters can be found at all of the different Corrupted Areas on the Fortnite map. Specifically, you’re looking for the purple pillars, as these are what spawn the cube monsters themselves. They’re easy enough to kill and are plentiful, so simply destroy 200 of them and the first of the Fortnitemares challenges will be completed.
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles or Pistols to Cube Monsters (5,000) – Not a whole lot needs to be said about this one, either. You’re simply going to want to use Assault Rifles or Pistols to deal damage to the Cube Monsters. Head to the locations we mentioned above, and you’ll be able to farm these kills. Obviously, the better the Assault Rifle or Pistol that you have, the faster you’ll rack up damage for this challenge.
- Visit a Corrupted Area in Different Matches (7) – We’ve got a complete list of all Corrupted Areas on the Fortnite map for you to check out. Simply visit one of these in seven different matches and that’ll be another of the Fortnitemares challenges ticked off for part 1.
- Dance in front of different Gargoyles (5) – Finally, you’ll need to go about and dance in front of different Gargoyles littered across the map. Just as we’ve done for the streetlight spotlight, and forbidden dance sign locations in the past.
Fortnitemares Challenges Part 2
- Destroy Cube Fiends (150) – These are the smaller monsters that spawn from the cube fragments dotted around Fortnite’s map as part of the Fortnitemares event. Simply kill 150 of these and you’ll complete this challenge.
- Deal Damage with Shotguns or SMGs to Cube Monsters (5,000) – Similar to the challenge we saw in Fortnitemares Part 1, but this time you’re dealing damage with close-range weapons rather than Assault Rifles and pistols. There’s not a whole lot to say about this, just keep playing, and keep gunning cube monsters down to eventually unlock this.
- Eliminate Opponents at Corrupted Areas (3) – We linked you above to our guide on all Corrupted Areas locations in Fortnite, so you’re best just heading to these and using a Shadow Stone to lay in way for an unsuspecting passerby. Emerge out of the shadow form with LT or L2, and then begin gunning down your opponent when they least expect it.
- Destroy a Ghost Decoration in Different Named Locations (7) – The Ghost Decorations can be found in an absolute ton of the named locations, and are white sheets hanging from different buildings with little eyes and a mouth. Shoot these and you’ll complete this challenge. We’ll have a complete guide for all ghost decoration locations for you soon.
Fortnitemares Challenges Part 3
- Destroy Cube Brutes (25) – Cube Brutes are the larger monsters that can spawn from the cube fragments dotted around the map. Not the glowing dudes, but the burlier looking ones than the usual Cube Fiends. Destroy 25 of these over however many games it takes to complete this challenge.
- Deal Damage with Explosive Weapons to Cube Monsters (2000) – It’s another deal damage challenge, but this time, you’ll need to use grenade launchers, throwable explosives like clingers or grenades, and rocket launchers. Once you’ve dealt 2,000 damage in total, you’ll complete this challenge.
- Search Chests in Corrupted Areas (7) – Corrupted Areas have a chance of spawning two or three chests, but with this now being a limited-time challenge, you can guarantee everyone and their grandmother are going to be after these chests. Use our guide to track down the corrupted area locations, open up those chests, and complete this challenge.
- Stage 1: Visit Wailing Woods (5) – Doesn’t get much easier than this. Simply visit Wailing Woods, then Fatal Fields, then Haunted Hills. You don’t need to do anything else in order to complete this challenge.
Fortnitemares Challenges Part 4
- Destroy Elite Cube Monsters (10) – Elite Cube Monsters are the glowing variants of the common ones that tend to spawn. As matches progress, you’ll begin to find that these spawn more often, but they’ll still be fairly easy to come across at the beginning of a game. Gun down 10 to complete this challenge.
- Damage Cube Fragments (2,500) – This one and another part 4 Fortnitemares challenge a little further down can be ticked off one after the other. Here, you’re dealing 2,500 damage to fragments, and further down this list, you need to complete destroy three of them. You’ll likely be very close to completing this challenge (if not complete it) by destroying three.
- Deal Damage to Cube Monsters in a Single Match (1,000)
- Visit Different Corrupted Areas in a Single Match (4) – Another Corrupted Areas task in these Fortnitemares Challenges crops up in part 4. This time, however, things are a little harder as you’ll need to visit four in a single game. You’re best grabbing a vehicle or using Shadow Stones and jumping into the purple vents at Corrupted Areas to go from one to the next quickly. Focus on doing this, rather than anything else and you’ll be able to get this one done.
- Destroy Cube Fragments (3) – As we mentioned above, you’ll likely complete this one on your way to dealing damage to cube fragments. Cube fragments are those little spikey purple rocks now sticking out the ground that the cube monsters spawn from. They can take a fair bit of damage to destroy and will continue to spawn enemies, so make sure you’re bringing weapons that pack a punch.
- Complete Fortnitemares Challenges (14) – While this was initially bugged, Epic Games has now confirmed that this is now fixed. Simply complete 14 of the 17 challenges on offer in the Fortnitemares challenges, and you’ll complete this challenge. Easy.
That’s all you need to know to complete all Fortnitemares challenges and get the Dark Engine glider in Fortnite.
For more tips, tricks, and information on the game’s current season, be sure to check out our Fortnite Season 6 guide wiki.