Frostpunk is a pretty damn challenging city-builder survival sim game. If you thought the game’s default setting was a little too easy for you, however, and didn’t get much of a kick out of Hard mode, this new update should present a new challenge.
Survivor Mode makes the game even more challenging, and features a very aggressive auto-save system, which means that all your decisions are more or less final. There’s also no active pause system, and you can only pause the game by opening a menu, so you’ll really need to know what you’re doing.
Here are all the features you can expect from the new update, and you can check the full changelog on the developer’s page:
- Added Survivor Mode!
- Survive against all odds. There’s no active pause, the game will be very difficult and your progress will be saved on exit only.
- Added achievements for Survivor Mode
- Brand new achievements that you can get only by beating the game on the Survivor Mode!
- Added Ansel SDK integration
- Ansel is a revolutionary new way to capture in-game shots and view in 360. Compose your screenshots from any position, adjust them with post-process filters, capture HDR images in high-fidelity formats, and share them in 360 degrees using your mobile phone, PC, or VR headset. That’s the theory. In practice, this tool allows you – among other things – to take super cool, high resolution screenshots like this one. You can learn more on the Ansel website.
- Added quick save/load – default F5 and F9
Frostpunk is now available on PC.