How to Complete All Week 8 Challenges (Season 4) in Fortnite Battle Royale
Fortnite’s week 8 challenges have unlocked for owners of the Season 4 Battle Pass. It’s the usual mix of activities that players have come to expect from the Battle Pass challenges, with treasure to find, damage to be dealt out with particular weapons, and of course, opening chests in a set location. To help you get all week 8 challenges in Fortnite’s Season 4, we’ve put together a few tips and tricks to complete them without a hitch.
All Season 4 Week 8 Challenges in Fortnite Battle Royale:
- Deal headshot damage to opponents (500) – The first of the week 8 challenges in Fortnite’s Season 4 is one that you’re probably going to complete over time. Sure, you can speed things up by going for headshots at all time, but unless you’re a seriously good shot, you’re not going to land one every time. Sniper headshots can deal upwards of 125 damage, and a close-range headshot with the blue pump shotgun should deal over 180. With just a few of these headshots, you’ll have the 500 damage you need in no time for this week 8 challenge. If you’re really struggling, hop into a Duo, Squad, or Teams of 20 game modes. Downed enemies are insanely easy to get a headshot on, so three to six headshots on downed enemies should clear this challenge for you.
- Search Chests in Salty Springs (7) – Searching chests in Salty Springs can be a bit of a pain. There are two buildings you’re going to want to focus on. The one in the northwest corner of this locale, which can potentially contain four chests, and another along the south section of the map toward that southeast corner which has three. Of course, you’re not going to get one of these houses to yourself in Fortnite at the moment with everyone trying to complete the week 8 challenges. But just keep dropping there and opening chests as and when possible and this will eventually unlock. If you can’t be doing with the grind, just give it a few days until it calms down, then drop in and take all those chests for yourself.
- Search Chests in a Single Match (7) – The best bet for this is to land at a named location far away from the route of the Battle Bus. With a bit of luck, nobody will follow you, and you’ll have enough time to open all of the chests in that named location before the storm starts moving in. Almost every named location has more than seven chests, but if you can’t find some, you should easily be able to find some more on your way in towards the storm. Struggling? Check out FortniteChests for an incredibly useful map.
- Search Hungry Gnomes (7) – We’ve got a full list of all Hungry Gnomes locations in Fortnite for the week 8 challenges for you to check out here.
- Search Between a Bear, a Crater, and a Refrigerator – We’ve got a separate guide on where to find the location of the treasure for the week 8 challenges you can check out here.
- Suppressed Weapon Eliminations (3) – The best way to get suppressed weapon eliminations is to join a Duo, Squad, or Team of 20 game. Ensure to pick up some sort of suppressed weapon and then go around hunting for any downed enemies. Eliminate them with the suppressed weapon and the elimination should count towards this week 8 challenge. Failing that, seeking out a floor-spawned suppressed weapon when you’re coming in to land at the start of a match should be your first priority. As soon as you’ve got one, hunt down any players trying to open chests or seek out a shotgun. Eliminate them before they have chance to arm themselves for an easy road to completing this challenge.
- Eliminate Opponents in Pleasant Park (3) – If you’re able to take on the mass influx of players landing at this named location right now, go ahead and land, but land on a floor spawned weapon and nothing else. Try and keep around the outskirts of Pleasant Park and look out for those running through the middle. Pick them off, or look for others shooting at them that you can catch off-guard. For those not wanting to jump into Fortnite’s equivalent of hell, we always advise holding off for a few days on these challenges until the bulk of players have cleared it. It might take more games to get the eliminations due to fewer people landing there, but it’s certainly less daunting.
That’s all you need to know to complete the week 8 challenges in Fortnite. For more on the game, be sure to check out our wiki.