Announced back in May, but not widely covered, was a remake of the Japanese visual novel Steins;Gate, entitled Steins;Gate Elite, set to launch for PS4 and PS Vita. We haven’t heard much about the game at all, but the latest issue of Japanese magazine Weekly Famitsu has shown that the game has a set release date of Spring 2018. A while to wait for what seems to simply be a remake – there probably won’t be any visual updates, since the visuals consist mainly of drawings. This indicates that there will be a lot of new extra content in the game.
Steins;Gate is a widely popular series themed around time-travelling, black holes, and other confusing aspects. It’s got an incredibly clever story that has garnered well-earned praise, and spawned a sequel and anime adaptation, both of which have received high praise. If you’re interested in giving the game a try, but can’t wait for the PS4 version, then it and it’s sequel are both available to buy right now on Steam.
Keep an eye out on Twinfinite for more details about Steins;Gate Elite as they emerge. As stated, it’s set to release in Spring of 2018, so there’s plenty of time for more to be revealed.
Check out more
- Resident Evil 7 Not A Hero DLC and New Expansion Dated
- Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Announced for Mobile Devices, Developed By Sega
- Nintendo’s Japanese Website says Mario has Retired from Plumbing
- Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes Might Come to Other Consoles Besides Switch
- CD Projekt Red Celebrates The Witcher’s 10 Year Anniversary with This Heart-Warming Video