Valve released a new map for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive today, alongside updated models for the Terrorist faction, more cosmetic weapon skins, and bug fixes. Canals, the new map, is set in a historic Italian city that provides open areas and cramped corridors between the two bomb sites.
“Two important tourist attractions are under threat by an international group of terrorists known as the Phoenix, and SEAL Team 6 has been deployed to stop them,” the map’s description reads. “The map is based on real-world environments that give each area its own architectural style as well as gameplay, and produce an unconventional layout.”
The update adds the Spectrum Case featuring 17 cosmetic weapon skins designed by the community and 30 new knife skins as the special rare item. In addition, the Phoenix Terrorist model is updated for “preserving character legibility and improving overall visual fidelity,” which the SAS Counter-Terrorist model received the same treatment back in December.
The update also improves the Head-Related Transfer Function (HRTF) sound option and makes a few changes to various maps, especially the Nuke map. Check out the patch notes for the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update below:
- Released Canals, available in all game modes.
- Visually upgraded the Phoenix Terrorist player model.
- Added the Spectrum Case, featuring 17 community designs. In the Spectrum Case, the rare special item will be the second generation of knives in Chroma finishes.
- Improved performance when using HRTF.
- Fixed some cases where grenade sounds wouldn’t play when they should.
- Fixed teammate color problem when teammates select an invalid color.
- cl_drawhud_force_radar can have three values: -1 to force draw no radar, 0 default, 1 to force draw radar even if other HUD is disabled.
- cl_drawhud_force_deathnotices can have three values: -1 to force draw no deathnotices, 0 default, 1 to force draw deathnotices even if other HUD is disabled.
- Added option to Game Settings to set Team ID to Always On ( cl_teamid_overhead_always ). Server can disable with sv_teamid_overhead_always_prohibit.
- Added binding to Show Team Equipment ( +cl_show_team_equipment ) that will show teammates’ full Target ID, including equipment. Server can disable with sv_show_team_equipment_prohibit.
- func_rotating objects no longer freeze and spam server console after rotating 1000 times
- Thinned out corner when coming into hut from lobby, making it easier to peek into A site
- Bullets now do more damage when shot through walls in hut
- Raised rollup door in Mini, making it easier to see towards rafters
- Removed three boxes on top of blue container near garage
- Reduced C4 explosion radius from 500 to 400 units
- Made water outside the map deeper
- Raised arch on CT side of long A
- Fixed some boost exploits
- Railing on top of boost position near T bridge no longer blocks bullets
- Various bug fixes
CHECK OUT MORE
- Uncharted 4 Multiplayer is Getting a New Game Mode and Savage Starlight Skins
- Disney Afternoon Collection Is Bringing Tons of Nostalgia to Consoles and PC Next Month
- Sonic Mania Will Release on Switch Alongside Other Consoles at Launch