Did you think that the 3DS has had enough RPG’s? Well, now the handheld system will be getting two more this Summer by the name of RPG Maker Fes and Culdcept Revolt, NIS announced at its 2017 press event. NIS America is known for taking Japanese games and bringing them to the West for all to enjoy.
RPG Maker Fes lets you create RPG’s until you just simply can’t anymore. The simple yet deep customization tools lets players become the next best developers. Here’s the press release from NIS on the game:
Ready to become a game developer? RPG Maker Fes makes it easy to develop any RPG you can imagine with no need for programming knowhow. Simple, but powerful tools let you bring to life the amazing stories in your head. Customize the characters, stories, combat and more to become the next great developer. Then, share your creations and play others with the free RPG Maker Player. What story will you share?
There will apparently be a companion app of sorts that will be available for download on the Eshop once the game comes out that will let you try out other players creations.
The other game to come out of this announcement is Culdcept Revolt, a series that hasn’t been seen in the West for nine years. It’s basically a strategy RPG that has you playing with cards as well; think of Magic: The Gathering but in an RPG form. NIS has provided an overview on the title:
As the Culdcept series celebrates its 20th Anniversary, the addictive card game-meetsboard game is back, bigger and better than ever with hundreds of new cards, inventive boards, and exciting multiplayer. Follow Allen, a new recruit for the rebel Free Bat forces as you fight for freedom from the tyranny of Count Kraniss. Build your deck, create new strategies, and dominate the board in Culdcept Revolt!
With all the classic elements veterans love yet a gentle learning curve for newcomers, Culdcept Revolt is the best Culdcept yet.
- Addictive Fantasy Gameplay – Jump into a match and lose yourself in a world of monsters, magic, and strategy as you navigate the board and summon monsters on your way to victory in this fast-paced, card-collecting fantasy.
- Near Endless Strategy – Collect over 400 unique cards and develop your skills as you test your deck on new boards with new conditions, or return to favorites to hone your strategies.
- Play Solo or Online – Discover the story of Culdcept with an engaging Story Mode, or practice with your decks in Free Play Mode. Once you’ve nailed down your strategies, challenge friends and strangers with up to 4 player local or online matches to discover new strategies, climb the leaderboards, and enjoy the excitement of unpredictable and fun matchups.
- Customize Your Experience – Make your gaming personal by developing a deck to fit your gameplay style, and choose the perfect avatar and deck book to represent your playstyle and personality.
CHECK OUT MORE
- Early Nintendo Switch Systems Have Been Stolen and Resold, Says Nintendo
- Nintendo Switch Port Of Final Fantasy XIV Could Still Happen
- Earn Horizon Zero Dawn PlayStation Network Avatars